By Nancy R. Mead,Julia H. Allen,Sean Barnum,Robert J. Ellison,Gary R. McGraw
Software defense Engineering draws greatly at the systematic method built for the Build safety In (BSI) site. subsidized by way of the dep. of fatherland defense software program insurance application, the BSI website bargains a bunch of instruments, directions, ideas, ideas, and different assets to aid venture managers tackle defense matters in each section of the software program improvement lifestyles cycle (SDLC). The book’s professional authors, themselves widespread members to the BSI website, characterize famous assets within the defense global: the CERT software on the software program Engineering Institute (SEI) and Cigital, Inc., a consulting company focusing on software program security.
This publication may help you know why
- Software safeguard is set greater than simply taking away vulnerabilities and undertaking penetration tests
- Network safeguard mechanisms and IT infrastructure protection companies don't sufficiently safeguard software software program from protection risks
- Software safeguard projects may still stick with a risk-management method of determine priorities and to outline what's “good enough”–understanding that software program safeguard dangers will switch during the SDLC
- Project managers and software program engineers have to discover ways to imagine like an attacker to be able to deal with the variety of capabilities that software program will not be do, and the way software program can higher withstand, tolerate, and recuperate whilst lower than attack
By Samuel Phung,David Jones,Thierry Joubert,Mike Hall
As a compact, hugely effective, scalable working procedure, home windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) is among the most sensible recommendations for constructing a brand new new release of network-enabled, media-rich, and service-oriented units. This in-depth source takes you thru the advantages and services of WEC7 so you might begin utilizing this functionality improvement platform at the present time. Divided into a number of significant sections, the publication starts with an advent after which strikes directly to insurance of OS layout, software improvement, complicated program improvement, the best way to installation WEC7 units, and more.
- Examines some great benefits of home windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7)
- Reviews many of the parts of OS layout, together with configuring and development a personalised OS runtime picture, utilizing debugging and distant instruments, and more
- Explains easy methods to strengthen local code functions with visible Studio 2010, increase database functions with SQL server compact, and use the appliance deployment option
- Discusses easy methods to installation a WEC gadget, use the boot loader, release WEC utilizing BIOSLoader, and installation a WEC strength toy
If you are drawn to studying extra approximately embedded improvement or you are looking the next functionality improvement platform, then this is often the booklet for you.
By Ivan Mistrik,Rami Bahsoon,Nour Ali,Maritta Heisel,Bruce Maxim
Software structure for large information and the Cloud is designed to be a unmarried source that brings jointly learn on how software program architectures can resolve the demanding situations imposed via construction vast facts software program platforms. The demanding situations of massive info at the software program structure can relate to scale, protection, integrity, functionality, concurrency, parallelism, and dependability, among others. giant information dealing with calls for rethinking architectural ideas to satisfy sensible and non-functional specifications with regards to quantity, kind and velocity.
The book's editors have different and complementary backgrounds in specifications and structure, in particular in software program architectures for cloud and large facts, in addition to services in software program engineering for cloud and large information. This ebook brings jointly paintings throughout various disciplines in software program engineering, together with paintings increased from convention tracks and workshops led by way of the editors.
- Discusses systematic and disciplined ways to development software program architectures for cloud and massive information with state of the art equipment and techniques
- Presents case experiences regarding firm, enterprise, and govt carrier deployment of massive information applications
- Shares tips on conception, frameworks, methodologies, and structure for cloud and massive data
By Martin Polifke
Der Autohersteller BMW beispielsweise, verwaltet nun sein britisches Internetportal mit der websites administration Komponente von Vignette. Aber nicht nur webbasierte Problemlösungen lassen sich mit company content material administration Systemen bewältigen. Im Weiteren soll gezeigt werden, für welche Aufgaben diese Systeme ausgelegt sind, wie die Auswahl und Implementierung erfolgt, wie die Funktionsabläufe aufgebaut sind und auf welchen Einsatzgebieten sie zum Tragen kommen. Außerdem werden noch die Kosten der Implementierung sowie die Potentiale herausgestellt.
By Ferdinand Wagner,Ruedi Schmuki,Thomas Wagner,Peter Wolstenholme
This quantity describes a coherent and well-tested framework for producing trustworthy software program for even the main advanced projects. The authors show that the tested perform of utilizing a specification as a foundation for coding is incorrect. Divided into 3 components, this ebook opens via providing the authors' specialist evaluations on software program, overlaying the evolution of improvement in addition to bills, equipment, programmers, and the improvement cycle. the remainder elements inspire using country machines: selling the digital finite kingdom computing device (Vfsm) strategy and the StateWORKS improvement tools.
By Michael C. Feathers
By Steven G. Woods,Alexander E. Quilici,Qiang Yang
By Henry H. Liu
"The practicality of the topic in a real-world state of affairs distinguishes this booklet from others to be had at the market."
—Professor Behrouz Far, college of Calgary
"This ebook may perhaps exchange the pc association texts now in use that each CS and CpE pupil needs to take. . . . it's a lot wanted, good written, and thoughtful."
—Professor Larry Bernstein, Stevens Institute of Technology
A specified, academic textual content onsoftware functionality and scalability
This is the 1st e-book to take a quantitative method of the topic of software program functionality and scalability. It brings jointly 3 specified views to illustrate how your items could be optimized and tuned for the absolute best functionality and scalability:
The Basics—introduces the pc and software program architectures that predetermine the functionality and scalability of a software program product in addition to the foundations of measuring the functionality and scalability of a software program product
Queuing Theory—helps you study the functionality legislation and queuing types for examining the underlying physics at the back of software program functionality and scalability, supplemented with ready-to-apply innovations for bettering the functionality and scalability of a software program system
API Profiling—shows you the way to layout extra effective algorithms and accomplish optimized functionality and scalability, aided via adopting an API profiling framework (perfBasic) outfitted at the proposal of a functionality map for drilling down functionality root reasons on the API level
Software functionality and Scalability delivers a really expert ability set that might assist you layout and construct functionality into your items with instant, measurable advancements. Complemented with real-world case stories, it truly is an vital source for software program builders, caliber and function insurance engineers, architects, and executives. it truly is anideal textual content for college classes relating to computing device and software program functionality overview and will even be used to complement a direction in laptop association or in queuing idea for upper-division and graduate laptop technology students.
By Matt Stratton
- Successfully enforce Chef on your association with no need a robust set of pre-requisites
- Manage small or huge variety of nodes easily and version your infrastructure accordingly
- Leverage Chef to regulate your infrastructure successfully and store rate and time
This is an introductory point publication on imposing and deploying Chef on your association for automation and configuration management.
This ebook begins through displaying how one can setup, package deal, and bring your functions. subsequent, you'll the way to write Chef code and ascertain it really works. the 1st half this e-book will hide crucial elements of client-side Chef with attempt Kitchen, Chef Solo, and Cookbooks. The later 1/2 the e-book will disguise tools and instruments on the topic of Chef server, Chef 0 and the way to accomplish configuration management.
By the tip of the publication, you'll the way to effectively applied Chef for IT automation and configuration management.
What you'll learn
- Layer out some of the degrees of configuration abstraction
- Configure a laptop for Chef
- Deep-dive into the Chef workflow
- Learn the way to keep watch over try out Kitchen for useful testing
- Write templates utilizing Embedded Ruby
- Use Chef 0 and Chef Server to your infrastructure configuration
- Use Berkshelf for dependency management
About the Author
Matt Stratton has over twenty years adventure in procedure management, and is extremely an expert within the components of automation, facts heart administration, cloud migration, and net server/e-commerce method administration. He additionally holds event in product administration, and has a passing curiosity in front-end internet improvement (especially Bootstrap).
Matt Stratton is famous within the DevOps neighborhood, as an organizer of DevOpsDays, in addition to the author and co-host of the preferred Arrested DevOps podcast. considering the fact that he has been either a practitioner utilizing Chef, and in addition engage with dozens of company Chef buyers, he has insights into styles of luck utilizing Chef, in addition to recognized pitfalls to avoid.
Matt Stratton has added quite a few circumstances of the Chef basics, Chef necessities, and Chef Intermediate education, and was once a contributor to the Chef Certification program.